We know it’s a busy time of the year and you’ll likely be juggling lots of different priorities, but don’t forget to take some time out to set your marketing plan and strategy for the year.
Don’t fall into the trap of ad-hoc marketing. Marketing needs to consistently target the right customers, through the right channels with succinct key messages, so that when the need arises for your products or services you are the one that customers turn to.
Here’s a summary of some of the areas that we suggest that you cover in your plan. Click here to download our full guide.
- Have your objectives been shaped by your business plan?
- Have you fully considered your SWOT analysis?
- Have you used any primary or secondary market research?
- Are you truly fulfilling your clients’ wants and needs?
- Are your objectives achievable, succinct and measurable?
- Who is the right target audience for your business?
- Where are they?
- What age are they?
- What do they like to do?
- How much are they willing to spend?
- How can you increase and maintain your brand awareness?
- How do you ensure brand consistency?
- Does your brand stand out from the competition?
- Have you based it on something you firmly believe in?
- Does your brand consider both rational and emotional benefits?
- What are your key messages?
- Are all messages consistent throughout all marketing materials?
- Are the messages integrated through all aspects of the customer journey?
- Will they resonate with your target audience?
- Are the messages clear, punchy and succinct?
- What channels will you use?
- Have you chosen channels where your target audience is present and active?
- Have you utilised channels that connect you directly with your potential customers and clients?
- Have you considered that it takes 6-8 contact points to generate a new sales lead?
- How will you integrate your marketing on a regular basis to achieve this?
For further advice and help on your marketing plan and strategy contact firstname.lastname@example.org